I bought this cable about 1 month ago. Ive used it quite a few times without a problem. Then just last week, I developed a problem with (what I thought was) my phone (Moto Atrix). My phone displayed in my notifications "preparing internal storage, checking for errors". This occurred after attempting to load some music onto my phone. I went through absolutely everything trying to figure out the problem. Long story short, I got a replacement phone. I set up my "replacement" Atrix and went to plug it in with THIS cable, my computer (windows 7 64bit), kept reading "USB device not recognized". DAMN! So I initially thought it was my replacement phone. Well, the only thing I never tried with my original phone was to use the Original cable. So, now that it crossed my mind, I tried it with most current problem on my replacement phone, and BINGO. All this sh*t due to a cable. Now I wonder if I really ever had a problem with my original phone or if it was caused by a data interruption because of THIS CABLE. Inspecting the original oem cable vs. this cable, this one looks like a fake/copy. I hope shopandriod.com looks into this.